Thursday, October 17, 2013

What a wild ride!

Sometimes life catches you off guard and the next thing you know...BAM! Right in the face...

It's not a bad thing sometimes.  At least not for me.  My 'wow' moment came when I realized life is too short to work 2 jobs and miss out on my son and daughter's life.  I'm not sure at what point that I realized that after being married for so long, I needed to venture out on my own.  By venture out, I mean...move 3 miles away, still invite the husband and kids for dinner, have my son most of the week...etc.

Maybe it's a midlife crisis.  Nah.  I moved and my husband knew I was going to do it.  He has been very supportive and considering the time I divorced from my first husband, this is unreal.  Since I stopped working two jobs, we spend more time together than ever.  I moved a whole 3 miles away and guess what?

He just got an apartment in my same complex!  It is truly amazing what some maturity and actual love can do for a couple.  We are both so supportive and help each other.  I'm actually glad he moved here.

I told him we could date but he'd have to ask my dad.  Can't having some man living in my house!  Everyone thinks we'll move in together but I think this 'time a part' as in seeing each other everyday...living next door to each other...may just bring us closer.

It's been a wild ride but a fantastic one and no matter what happens, we are a team, a family and the rulers of our world.

Okay, rulers of our world may be a little dramatic.

We all know the kids rule our world.


Until next time...